Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Long weekend in Santa Barbara

While Calvin was doing his trans-Sierra hike, I enjoyed a long weekend in Santa Barbara. We spent a lot of time in the hotel pool, some great beach time, and I even had a sleepover with Alice in the hotel.

Saturday while Leah was napping we went to the Santa Barbara Aquarium. It is always a fun place to visit.




We made a trip to Goleta beach in the afternoon. There is nothing I like better than an afternoon at the beach with family.







I should point out that Leah really loves the beach, but she wasn't at all happy about picture time.

On my way home I took a detour up Highway 1 to visit Moonstone Beach near Cambria.  When I arrived the beach was hidden in fog.
 But by the time I had finished my walk along the beach, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day.

I even collected a few "moonstones" or at least shiny stones.

1 comment: