Thursday, May 27, 2021

Colorado River and Sego Canyon



 On our way home from Moab the boys took one last mountain bile ride on the Navajo Rocks trails while I took a little stroll along the Colorado River. I crossed the new pedestrian bridge across the river. With its new artistic additions. I'm sure there is deep symbolim here, but it was a little lost on me.





The Colorado is a significant rriver system for the western US, but it is not a particularly attractive river by itself here in Moab.

Fortunately the canyon sidewalls add more interest along the way.

I picked the bikers up at the end of their ride and even managaed to get a little video. Sadly I hit the stop button by accident so I didn't get Zach and Calvin all the way.



I talked everyone into stopping at Sego Canyon, one of my favorite rock art sites. These Barrier Canyon style figures date from 6000BC to 100BC.



The figures in front are from a more recent era



No comments:

Post a Comment