Monday, June 6, 2016

Puerto Morelos May 2016

We recently spent a week in Puerto Morelos where we didn't do much of anything but relax by the pool and on the beach.  It is a lovely town with lots of great places to eat.  We've been to this area of the Mayan Riviera a number of times, so we didn't do a lot of sight seeing.  We did visit the Popol vuh cenote.  It wasn't the cenote we were originally going to visit, but when we couldn't find the first one we took the next cenote available.  Calvin loves cenotes, I'm a little less enamored with them but I did dip my toes in.

Calvin explored it more thoroughly and then tried the zip line.


We looked at the top 10 things to do in Puerto Morales and visiting a spa was right at the top of the list so we tried something new and had a spa day complete with steam room, mud rub, milk bath and massage.  It was a VERY nice spa, completely outdoors, but I think Calvin will want to go to the spa all the time after that experience. 

My number one thing to do in the Mayan Riviera is to visit Tulum beach and have lunch in a palapa restaurant. I love that beach.
Calvin loves a palapa lunch
I even took a couple of exploration walks along the beach, but not quite as many as Calvin.
Not a bad way to spend a week in May.

3 comments:

  1. Looking respectable on that zip line Dad! Oh that looks like a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great zip lining Dad! Mom go for you for converting Dad to the spa! - Butch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I missed this post. Great zip-lining Dad!

    ReplyDelete