Sunday, March 9, 2014

A quick trip to Paris.... Las Vegas



This weekend Calvin had business meetings in Las Vegas, and I tagged along for a weekend get away.  We stayed in the Paris Las Vegas hotel, because Jersey Boys was playing there and I wanted to see it.  This is what the Eiffel tower looks like through a dirty window with a flash highlighting the streaks.  But it was a room with a very Las Vegas view.  After the show Calvin and I took a walk along the strip which was bursting at the seams with unusual looking people. It is my impression that Las Vegas is even more Las Vegas than it was when we used to come every year for a swim meet.

Just by coincidence Peter and Roque were also in Las Vegas this weekend to run the Red Rocks half marathon.  We ALMOST got there in time to see them cross the finish line, but we did get to see happy smiles for a job well done.

And it was nice to get out of the downtown are a see a few red rocks.  I think there are petroglyphs somewhere, but I didn't take time to find them.

Nevada is a great place to live.

2 comments:

  1. I hear Red Rocks is a place worth checking out. Happy you finally got to see Jersey Boys - oh what a night!

    ReplyDelete