Sunday, September 23, 2012

Moab

We are in Moab doing the final packing for our Green River adventure which begins tomorrow morning, and since I have a few minutes I thought I would share a few pictures of our weekend in Moab.  Peter and Roque joined us in Moab for a weekend of adventure in the Red Rocks.


Saturday morning Calvin, Peter and Roque biked the Slick Rock trail while I went shopping in downtown Moab, where 
kokopelli is king of the gift shops.


In the afternoon we all hiked to a great swimming hole that Roque had visited about a year ago.


Peter and Roque braved the freezing water of the pool...

and even jumped off a cliff into the pool.


This morning the bikers rode the Gemini Bridges trail


while I tracked down some really great petroglyphs.  This is the famous birthing scene found up Kane Creek Canyon. I took dozens of photographs of petroglyphs.  You can find petroglyphs all around Moab. It has been a cool place to visit for millenia.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great trip, Mom and Dad. And so prompt with the posting!

    ReplyDelete